Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Coming Back to the U.S.

The boys wrote these a few days before leaving El Salvador....we have since flown home and are now back in the Uinted States, enjoying all of the things they were looking forward to....


Current location: San Mateo, California, U.S.A

Hi again; J.P. here! Me and my family are taking a trip back to the United States! I’m looking forward to the food there that I can’t get here in El Salvador. One thing is there’s ice cream that I can’t get here. And we will have a freezer to save ice cream! I’d also like to go back to McDonald’s. Another restrant I’d like to go to is Burger King. A bad thing is they don’t have papusas.
One other thing that I’m looking forward to is my cousin’s dog, Jackson. I’m looking forward to playing with him, feeding him, NOT picking up his poop, racing him and playing catch with him. He also does this thing I like to call treat circle. You just hold a treat over his head and he’ll do circles!
Another thing I’m looking forward to is the weather. It is REALLY hot here!! There’s also nice rain in the States. Rain water is good to drink. There’s also rainbows there!

We have 15 cousins back in the States. Our uncle’s pool is nice. I also would like to visit all of their houses. Here’s some examples; the Buccinio’s, Uncle Pat’s and Aunt Susan’s, Nana’s, and Jerry’s house. Well, guess  I’m done now!  Bye!

J.P. Doolittle


Going Back to the U.S.

By Mickey Doolittle
We are going back to the U.S. for the summer. I am looking forward to Twain Harte. Every year my twelve cousins and I go there. Every day we play mini golf. It is the most awesome course ever. Also, we go to Twain Harte Lake every day;  swimming, sand castles, snacks and the best ice cream in the world (except Baskin Robbins). It is a neat place!
I am also looking forward to Giant’s games. We are going on the 28th! We are going with a few family members. Weeeeeeeee!   But my favorite part of Giant’s games is joining the crowd and slapping random people high fives when they score a run.
I am most looking forward to seeing all my friends and family. I haven’t seen them for 8 months. I also used to spend every day with my P.E. teacher, Ms. Pam. So I can finally hang out with her.
The food in the U.S rocks! There is a chicken called Orange Chicken and it has this sauce. It is a little spicy, but is really good! McDonalds in the U.S. has the 2 cheeseburger meal. 2 cheeseburgers with fries!!! Bingo! I guess that’s it! I will enjoy.



We'll have to trade in our dinghy for a car for a while.....




Rush hour traffic may be a little different too!













No more riding in the back of pickup trucks either!




We will miss our house on the water....





It's no McDonald's play structure, but hammocks are way cool!!



The view is better than McDonald's, too!!





1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you guys! Will you teach me how to make papusas?

    ReplyDelete